Become a NORD Lifeguard
- $16.72 per hour
- Part-time and Full-time schedules available
- NORD will pay for your Red Cross lifeguard certification
Candidates interested in becoming a lifeguard for 2023 summer must do the following:
- Attend Lifeguard Hiring Orientation Session—Arrive 15 minutes early to be processed.
- Complete the following pre-requisite before attending Lifeguard training class.
- Swim 300 meters or 12 laps (freestyle and breaststroke only)
- Recover 10-pound brick from 7 to 8 ft. of water and swim back with object for 15 yards.
- 2 minutes of deep water treading (legs only).
Lifeguard Recertification class is a 2-day class Tuesdays through Fridays 9am-2pm or 2-7pm. (The entire class must be completed in order to be re-certified.)
All applicants must bring the following documents to the session:
- Government Issued Picture Identification (Valid Driver’s License or State Issued ID)
- Original Social Security Card
- Additional Required for applicants under eighteen (18) years of age
- Original Birth Certificate
- Signed Work permit
Louisiana Workforce Commission Application to Employ Minors must be picked up from NORD
main office (5420 Franklin Ave) and submitted to your school or Job 1 to receive a Louisiana
Workforce Commission work permit before coming to the session.
Fields marked with * are required.