- Registration Now Open - Nov. 1 - Dec. 1
- Season Starts: Jan 4, 2022
- Season Ends: Feb. 26, 2022
- Basketball Championship - Saturday, March 5, 2022 - 9:00 AM - Joe W. Brown Rec Center, 5601 Read Blvd.
- Open - see registration below. Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $5 registration fee per participant
- Due to COVID-19, you must submit signed copy of COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Release form.
- 5-6 (Novice)
- 7-8 (Freshman)
- 9-10 (Sophomore)
- 11-12 (Junior)
- 13-14 (Senior)
- 15-18 (Teen Basketball)
How to Register
Documents needed to register for every NORD sport:
• NORD Registration Form
• NORD Consent for Health Care Form
• Athletics Player/Parent Contract and Code of Conduct
• COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Release form
• Original Birth Certificate
• Proof of Orleans Parish Residence
Take a look at these active playgrounds and recreation centers to decide which park you want to sign up for. All completed registration forms and mandatory supplementing documents must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Jr. NBA Skills Challenge
NORD will host a FREE Jr. NBA Skills Challenge on Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at the following gyms below. Check in at 6:00pm. Space is limited, so register today!
The Jr. NBA Skills Challenge provides boys and girls, ages 13 and younger, the opportunity to improve upon and showcase their fitness through five fundamental basketball skills: shooting, lay-ups, dribbling, passing, and defense. The program is free for all participants and organizations. Boys and girls compete separately in two different age groups: 11U and 13U. Participants compete in up to three levels of competition – Local, Regional, and National Finals.
To register, click on links below each specific location.
- Joe W. Brown Center 5601 Read Blvd, N.O., La 70127
- St. Bernard Center 1500 Lafreniere St.. N.O., La 70122
- Rosenwald Center 1120 S. Broad St., N.O., La 70125
If you need further assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Play Basketball
Shoot hoops with your friends (and make new friends) during open play basketball at NORDC rec center gyms. The schedules vary by day and age groups. Schedules found at individual rec centers.
Does your youth want to improve their basketball skills? Basketball fundamentals classes focus on the basic basketball fundamentals of kids ages 5–14. Classes are energetic, participative, and fun. Each week young players are introduced to new individual and team drills. For more information please contact 504-658-3090 for Rosenwald or 504-658-3080 for Joe W. Brown.
City Employee Free Play
All city employees (NOFD, NOPD, NORD, Parks & Parkways, etc.) can come in and enjoy
basketball free play. Ages 18+.
Developmental Basketball for Girls
Calling all girls, ages 7-12, interested in basketball and wanting to play. Sign up for this program today! Participants will learn fundamentals and conditioning. Intramural games will start January 22, 2022. Location for all practice and games will be at Milne Rec Center, 5420 Franklin Ave., Gentilly on Saturdays from 9:15 AM - 11:00 AM. $5 registration fee per participant. Click here to download the registration form. Send all completed registration forms to NORDCAthletics@nola.gov.