Rent a NORDC Facility
Interested in renting a park, shelter or gym for your upcoming special event or film location? The New Orleans Recreation Development Commission has facilities to suit any occasion – from family reunions, community meetings, and wedding receptions to large tournaments and neighborhood festivals. In addition, facility rental income directly benefits improvement efforts at all NORDC recreational centers and parks.
NORDC spaces available for rent include:
- Picnic shelters in Joe W. Brown Memorial Park
- Greenspace and/or playgrounds at various parks/playgrounds around the city
- Meetings spaces for groups ranging in size from 10 – 100 attendees
- Multipurpose athletic fields (football, baseball/softball, soccer fields; covered and uncovered basketball courts)
- Recreational center gymnasiums
- Dance rooms
- Football and/or track stadiums
- Indoor pool in Joe W. Brown Memorial Park
Follow these easy steps to rent a NORDC facility
- Download the NORDC Facility Rental/Permit Application.
- Complete and sign the application and return to the NORDC Rental Division. The Rentals Division will be in contact via email or phone to verify availability or offer alternate dates and provide a detailed quote within two (2) business days.
- Upon receiving the reservation confirmation from the NORDC Rental Division via email, the deposit is required within 30 days and the complete rental fee is due 2 weeks (14 days) before the event date.
- Once confirmed, any requested changes to the application must be received in writing and approved by the NORDC at least five (5) days prior to the scheduled event.
Phone (504) 658-3084
Fax (504) 658-3050
Mail or in-person delivery – 5420 Franklin Ave, New Orleans, LA 70122
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to rent a NORDC facility?
While rental fees vary and are specific to each event, take a look at the current NORDC rental fee structure. Once the NORDC Rental Division receives your application, an appropriate rental fee will be given to you along with any other permitting requirements, such as security or insurance.
What happens if there is inclement weather?
In the case of inclement weather, if you decide to cancel before the event, NORDC will allow the applicant to reschedule their rental pending facility availability. Once the facility / venue is occupied, no refunds will be given for cancellation.
What forms of payment does NORDC accept?
NORDC accepts business checks, certified cashier’s checks and money orders as forms of payment. NO CASH, personal checks or credit cards are accepted.
Will NORDC provide tables and chairs for my event?
NORDC does not provide tables and chairs for outdoor events. Events in a NORDC Recreation Center may have access to tables and chairs based on availability. It is the responsibility of the applicant to set up and break down tables and chairs for their event.
What types of activities are allowed when renting NORDC facilities?
- Live or DJ entertainment
- Use of a non-water inflatable/spacewalk
- Grilling on self-provided grills
What types of activities are NOT allowed when renting NORDC facilities?
- The sale of food, beverages, goods or merchandise without written approval from NORDC and may require additional permits. The NORDC Booster Clubs reserve the right to exclusive use of all NORDC concession areas.
- Erecting stages, tents and/or booths without written approval from NORDC and may require additional permits.
For events that require tents and staging, all necessary permits from city agencies must be obtained and presented to the NORDC Rental Office before NORDC will approve use.
Please contact the City of New Orleans' One Stop Shop, the single resource for all city permits and licenses:
One Stop Shop
1300 Perdido St, 7th Floor
New Orleans, LA 70112
For additional information about NORDC facility rentals, contact NORDC Rentals Division at (504) 658-3084 or email Gerry Rincon, NORDC Rentals Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.