- BamzyBaby "I'm Thinking" (March 6–May 13); $10 one-time fee - BamzyBaby Productions offers an after-school program that empowers, inspires, and develops youth to become young leaders and peacemakers in their schools, homes, and communities by using the "thinking cap" concept of conscious decision making. Youth will gain and increase interpersonal skills such as conflict resolution, social and critical thinking skills, and academic readiness.
- Beginner Chess - Basics of chess for children and adults .
- Bingo Night - Fun Bingo Night for families.
- Commit to Health Nutrition Ed. - Nutrition education program to educate youth about various nutritious foods. All NORDC Rec Centers 4–12 year olds Mon–Fri 4:00 PM–5:00 PM
- Connect Four Tournament - Strategy game tournament for kids and families.
- Glam U ($10/week or $30/month); Tuition assistance is available based on income guidelines - Girls mentoring program focusing on confidence building. Runaway classes, fashion, makeup lessons, photo shoots, and more.
- Girl Scouts - Girls Scouts is a nationally reknowned leadership development organization for girls that builds girls of courage, confidence and character, and hosts weekly meetings with girls to build upon their skills.
- Heart to Heart Girl Talk ($35 one-time fee) - Girls mentoring program that teaches, empowers, and encourages young ladies to make positive choices. $35 one time fee.
- Kids Cafe - Provides free after-school meals at all NORDC Rec Centers. In partnership with Share Our Strength “No Kid Hungry” campaign. All Rec Centers 18 and under Mon–Fri 3:00 PM–6:00 PM
- The Loft After-School Program - After-school program for youth that provides homework assistance, academic support, enrichment activities, and character development, in a fun and safe environment. Dinner and snacks served.
- Monthly Game Night (Starts March 9) - Family game night with 3-point shooting contest, extreme tic-tac-toe, relays, puzzles and card games.
- Prism Project of Greater New Orleans An inclusive performing arts program for children with and without special needs in Greater New Orleans area. Youth are offered the opportunity to engage in music, dance, and theatre training.
- Read Mommy Read - The program provides parents the opportunity to spend quality time promoting literacy with their loved ones. Library is provided.
- Soft NOLA ($60 one-time fee) - Payment installment plan available. - A mentoring and empowerment group for girls ages 7-17. Girls meet twice a month to enhance their social and life skills. Bonding is achieved through skill building, positive peer interactions, and community service.
- STEM NOLA After-School Program - After-school program focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
Family Game Nights
MARCH 17, 7:00-8:30PM
Stallings St. Claude Rec Center
4300 St. Claude Ave.
MAY 19, 7:00-8:30PM Treme Rec Center
900 N. Villere St.
NORDC and the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans present an evening full of fun activities for the whole family. Family Game Night provides an opportunity for all children, including those with special needs, to have fun, in a safe and accepting environment.
MUSIC AND DANCE
ONE ON ONE GAMES
TWO PERSON OR MULTI PLAYER GAMES
HEALTHY MEAL PREP DEOMONSTRATIONS
FOOD AND FUN FOR EVERYONE
Register Online at https://goo.gl/forms/No04vYFbQIEuHkCN2 or call 504.658.3049 for more information
Questions? Contact Djuana B. Johnson, NORDC Youth Program Manager, at (504) 658-3049 or email@example.com.