We are excited to announce that NORDC, in conjunction with JOB 1 will be hosting a second registration from March 6th – April 13th for the upcoming 2017 Teen Career Summer Camps.
As part of Mayor Landrieu’s Summer Youth Employment Program, NORDC will host 14 Teen Career Camps (ages 13-15) which will serve 1,000 teens across the city. The NORDC Teen Camps will offer local teenagers career exploration and job preparation skills as well as financial literacy training and character development exercises. Breakfast, lunch and field trips are provided. Additionally, teens will earn a stipend of $15 per day, with an opportunity to earn over $400.00 over the six weeks. There will also be a program exclusively for teens with special needs. Space is limited. For more information contact (504) 658-3003.
Teen Career Camp Registration Information
To register for a Teen Summer Career Camp and appointment must be scheduled through the following website: https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/GI7WNN. Once an appointment is scheduled arrive for registration at Job1 (3400 Tulane Ave.) at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. Present your original copies of the required documents (listed below) at the sign-in table to confirm your appointment. Complete your application on-site.
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate or Birth Card Applicant’s Current ID (2016-2017 School ID / valid LA State ID / valid LA Driver’s License)
- Applicant’s Social Security Card (no letters will be accepted)
- Applicant’s Report card (copy of the child’s most recent report card from 2016-2017 school year)
- Proof of Address (Lease, Utility Bill, Voter’s Registration Card, Driver’s License)
- Proof of Income (Two current check stubs / SNAP/FITAP Letter / Child Support printout / Social Security printout / College award letter)
- Proof of Guardianship ID (name must be on child’s birth certificate or must provide legal proof of guardianship)
Please note: NORDC Teen Summer Career Camp program dates: June 5th thru July 14th. Only original documents will be accepted. If original copies of all of the above documents are not present at the time of the appointment, an applicant will not be allowed to complete the application. Teens must be dressed in business attire of school uniform. Teens not dressed in business attire or a school uniform will not be considered for registration. No WALK-INS accepted!! If the appointments are full, feel free to email NORDCteens@nola.gov regarding additional registration opportunities.