About Teen Career Camp 2017
As part of Mayor Landrieu’s Summer Youth Employment Program, NORD hosted 14 Teen Career Camps (ages 13-15) which served 1,000 teens across the city. The Teen Camps offer local teenagers career exploration and job preparation skills as well as financial literacy training and character development exercises. Breakfast, lunch and field trips are provided. Additionally, teens earn a stipend of $15 per day over a six week period. There is a program exclusively for teens with special needs.
2018 Teen Career Camp Registration Requirements
Registration begins the first week of March 2018
- To register for a Teen Summer Career Camp and appointment must be scheduled.
- Please arrive for registration at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Present original copies of the required documents to complete your application on-site.
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate or Birth Card Applicant’s Current ID (2016-2017 School ID / valid LA State ID / valid LA Driver’s License)
- Applicant’s Social Security Card (no letters will be accepted)
- Applicant’s Report card (copy of the child’s most recent report card from 2016-2017 school year)
- Proof of Address (Lease, Utility Bill, Voter’s Registration Card, Driver’s License)
- Proof of Income (Two current check stubs / SNAP/FITAP Letter / Child Support printout / Social Security printout / College award letter)
- Proof of Guardianship ID (name must be on child’s birth certificate or must provide legal proof of guardianship)
Please note: If original copies of all documents are not present at the time of the appointment, an applicant will not be allowed to complete the application process. Teens must be dressed in business attire or school uniform. Teens not dressed in business attire or a school uniform will not be considered for registration. No WALK-INS accepted!!